English Immersion Programme (EIP) in 5-week courses
[In Thai: หลักสูตรติวเข้มภาษาอังกฤษแบบเข้มข้น]
Asian University EIP is an intensive English language programme with qualified university teachers organised in five-week (125 hour) modules.
25 hours of instruction per week gives plenty of time for a variety of learning activities.
Each day, you will learn and practice the skills of speaking, listening, writing and reading, as well as developing your grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. Your teachers will use materials from various sources, and you will take part in communication games, activities and special projects according to your needs and preferences.
Each class also follows an internationally successful course book at the appropriate level, such as Interchange or Cutting Edge. As a student, you will receive your own book as well as some audio materials for home study. All materials are included in the cost of the course.
On arrival, you will meet one of our teachers and take a short placement test. This helps us to find the most effective level for you: beginner, elementary, intermediate or advanced.
- Intensive study for rapid learning
- Small and friendly classes
- 25 hours of learning and practice per week
- Top quality instruction from Asian University lecturers
- Levels from beginner to advanced
- Use of all the university facilities
Course dates in 2014
- 6 January to 7 February 2014
- 10 February to 14 March 2014
- 17 March to 25 April 2014 (Closed 1 week for Songkran Festival)
- 2 June to 4 July 2014
- 7 July to 8 August 2014
- 18 August to 19 September 2014
- 22 September to 24 October 2014
- 27 October to 28 November 2014
Course dates in 2015
- 12 January to 13 February 2015
- 16 February to 20 March 2015
- 23 March to 1 April 2015 (Closed 1 week for Songkran Festiva; 13-17 April)
Tentative (subject to change):
- 1 June to 3 July 2015
- 6 July to 7 August 2015
- 17 August to 18 September 2015
- 21 September to 23 October 2015
- 26 October to 27 November 2015
What participants say
- “I wanted to improve my English to get a better job. Now I am an HR manager.”
- “I’m going to study on the MBA here at Asian University, but I started on the EIP to build up my confidence using English.”
- “I have to speak to foreigners at work. Five weeks on the EIP helped my fluency and pronunciation such a lot. I really recommend it.”
- “Now I’ve got the IELTS score I need to study in America. I took two modules of EIP”
See the English Immersion Programme in action
The Asian University advantage
In a small class, you get more. Your teachers quickly get to know you and your learning needs. You can ask questions. You get more chance to practice. Our teachers enjoy the small classes as much as our students because they know they can help everyone make progress.
If you have a special interest, such as English for business, or IELTS or TOEFL preparation, we can usually give you special help. This is because our classes are small and flexible. Please talk to us about your special needs.
All our teachers are experienced and qualified English language instructors. All are native speakers of English, coming from the UK, the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Many also lecture on our international degree programmes.
One of Asian University's graduate programmes is an M.Ed. in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). Here at Asian University, we don’t just teach English but we teach the teachers, too!
Resources and facilities
Asian University has the latest teaching and learning technologies: audio and video equipment, LCD and overhead projectors, a computer centre, and a large library of teaching resources. Classrooms are modern, purpose-built and air-conditioned.
You can also use Asian University facilities in your free time. These include the library, the computer centre, and the sports facilities.
The University Library: You may borrow books, and indeed, EIP students are encouraged to read simplified novels and non-fiction books from our ‘graded English reader’ collection.
The Computer Centre: You may also use all our computing facilities, which include 24 hour Internet access, software for practising English grammar and pronunciation, as well as scanning and printing facilities.
The Sports Centre: Our sports hall has air-conditioned squash courts, badminton courts, ping pong tables, and various other sports equipment. You are welcome to use these facilities after classes, but please play in English!
Most EIP students choose to stay in our male or female dormitory, where they quickly make new friends. Each room is furnished for two people (single occupancy can also be requested) with beds, wardrobes, chests, study desks, air-conditioning, shower and bathroom facilities. All rooms are Internet-enabled for students with notebook computers, and there are also some computers for public use in the common room. Dormitory supervisors are available to assist you and to monitor security around the clock. The dormitory restaurant is a popular alternative to the two restaurants in the academic building.
For each five-week module:
|Accommodation (if required)
|Security deposit (refundable)
|Activity and service
|Application and test
|Student ID card
How to join
To make a reservation, please complete our online application form.
For more information, please contact our team at email@example.com.