Thai Immersion Programme (TIP)
You want to dig deeper into Thailand by learning Thai language and understanding Thai culture?
Welcome to a new concept in learning Thai language and culture in the beautiful and academically stimulated environment of an international university.
The courses will be offered in four-week modules with residential and non-residential programmes available.
Three levels of instruction are available: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced.
- For this year, no more courses are scheduled since the programme is under review. We want to offer you an optimized programme that serves you even better.
Each course will include 4 weeks of language and cross culture classes and all meals and trips. Discounts are available to groups of five, ten or more participants.
In case you come by airplane this programme, it's our pleasure to pick you up at the airport and bring you to Asian University. Just let us know your flight number and arrival date. This pick-up service is included in the price.
A typical week
- About 18-20 hours of Thai language classes, 8-10 hours of Thai culture classes
- About 2 hours of typical Thai arts classes, e.g. cooking, Muay Thai, or similar
- One local cultural trip each Saturday (e.g. Buddhist meditation centre)
- Mingling and socializing with Asian University’s Thai students
Overview of Thai language classes
- Introduction to the Thai Language
- Understanding Thai as a tonal language and learning how the Thais speak
- The ability to have conversations according to social and cultural requirements
- Introduction to the Thai alphabet and parts of speech
- Understanding the Thai writing system
- Introduction to the Thai reading system consisting of consonants vowels etc.
- Integrating the four skills for overall comprehension of the Thai language
Overview of cross-culture contents
- A persons place in the family and society
- How foreigners see the Thais and how the Thais see foreigners
- Understanding Thai patience in the Thai environment (เกรงใจ)
- Thai time vs Western time
- Thai cuisine vs Western cuisine
- Dealing with embarrassing situations and losing face
- The culture of the Thai smiles
How to join
To make a reservation, please complete our application form.
For more information, please contact your counsellors at firstname.lastname@example.org.